Friday, June 1, 2012

My Journey to Date......Chapter Two


~CHAPTER TWO~ The DEVIL Begins


WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY?  My mom warned me that I would have some cramping during my period but there was no warning that I would; Have so much pain I can barely stand, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, painful urination, fatigue, severe blood clots and did I mention PAIN!  Something was not right so off to the doctor we went.  I was diagnosed with endometriosis and even at a young age I knew  what affect that DEVIL disease had on the ability to have children.  A dear family member suffered with the same disease and I watched her month after month struggle to get pregnant.  Months turned into years and sadly, her story ended in a hysterectomy with no child in sight.  Deep down I just knew I was going to have a hard time conceiving, so much so that when I met my now Hubby I actually asked him if he would be open to infertility treatments.  Of course he thought I was crazy and assured me that we would be fine.  I started to believe him after awhile and I thought, "maybe we will be fine, I'm just being paranoid."  However,  just to be safe I never used any sort of birth-control.  Years went by and it became apparent that I was right.  My poor Husband, he hadn't realized (YET) that I was always right--wink wink-- unfortunately, I was right in this case, the one time I would give anything to be WRONG.  After years of trying on our own, including daily temperature monitoring and many OPK (ovulation predictor kits) tests, I suddenly gain an enormous amount of weight.  I went to doctor after doctor trying to figure out what was wrong.  Most doctors told me that I just needed to workout and eat less, are you kidding me?  I work out 5-6 days a week and definitely don't eat enough to spontaneously gain 70 pounds.  I actually had a doctor use his fingers to simulate walking and say, "It is quite simple to lose weight, all you have to do it eat less and take a little walk".  Again, ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME?  I went to the doctor in the first place because I had been bleeding for weeks and was concerned something serious was going on.  He never talked about what could be wrong, what other symptoms I was having, nothing.  He just told me my weight was affecting my periods.  I left the office feeling horrible about myself and not one question was answered about why I was bleeding.  As a women and a past anorexic, (That's a whole other story!) It was so hard to be judged on my weight, especially when I thought I was doing everything in my power to lose weight.  3 years and many sad, sleepless nights passed until we found the answer.... P.C.O.S (Poly-cystic-ovary syndrome)--- Whomp Whaaah--.. REALLY another obstacle in my baby making journey??  After shedding some crazy tears, it was time we sought help from a RE (Reproduction Endocrinologist).  

No comments:

Post a Comment